This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Minor Injuries

bandageWhere to go?

We would like to remind you that minor injuries can be dealt with at the following places:

  • Accident & Emergency (Royal Surrey County Hospital, Tel 01483 715911)
  • Woking Walk In Centre (Woking Community Hospital, near the police station, Tel 01483 715911) 
  • The Minor Injuries Unit at Haslemere (Tel 01483 782334)

What are considered minor injuries?

The following are regarded as minor injuries, and can go to any of the above places:

  • Cuts & bruises 
  • Sprains 
  • Small burns 
  • Foreign bodies
  • Head injuries where the patient has not lost consciousness 
  • Any injury which you can’t deal with yourself at home

Major injuries

The following are major injuries and should attend A & E:

  • Overdoses or accidental poisoning
  • Larger burns or scalds (more than 3 cm/1 inch diameter)
  • Smoke or fume inhalation
  • Sudden collapses or falls in public places
  • Heavy bleeding
  • Blows to the head with loss of consciousness 
  • Suspected fractures

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website